Join InfraGard for a Department of Homeland Security facilitated Tabletop Exercise (TTX) focused on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Scope: Focused on a severe weather event (like Hurricane Harvey) that causes regional power outages and flooding, this Tabletop is designed to explore the readiness of critical infrastructure owners and operators for pre- and post-event information sharing, actions and activities to mitigate time required for response and recovery.
Mission Area: Response and Recovery
Core Capabilities: Planning, Public Information and Warning, Operational Coordination, Intelligence and Information Sharing, Infrastructure Systems, Operational Communications, Situational Assessment, and Economic Recovery.
- Examine pre-incident planning and incident intelligence and information sharing procedures between and among public and private sector stakeholders.
- Examine communication mechanisms that send alerts / warning to public and private sectors.
- Examine emergency response, sustainability, and recovery of computer systems.
- Examine sustainability, recovery and business continuity plans and information sharing post-incident.
Event Timeline: 12:00 – 05:30 PM, including Boxed Lunch
- 12:00 – 01:00 PM Registration / Boxed Lunch
- 01:00 – 01:15 PM Welcome and Participant Briefing
- 01:15 – 01:55 PM Module One: Storm Watch and Warning
- 01:55 – 02:55 PM Module Two: Incident and Response
- 02:55 – 04:25 PM Module Three: Short-term Recovery
- 04:25 – 05:00 PM Hot Wash
- 05:00 – 05:30 PM Facilitator Debriefing
Scenario: The scenario focuses on a severe weather event which creates a regional power outage and causes flooding which damages all local backup generators. The scenario consists of three modules: Pre-incident information Sharing and preparedness, Response, and Short-Term Recovery.